<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 19, 2004

Hot As Balls 

Ah, what creative similes we have in pop culture. "Hot as balls". This makes some sense - I would imagine that on the average, balls are hotter than the rest of the organs on the human body, due to their location. Although, don't they have to be somewhat temperate for the little tadpoles to survive? Well, at any rate, I can understand where this comes from. "Cool as shit" ? That just makes no sense. As usual, though, I digress from the intended point of my post.

It is, indeed, hot as the aforementioned balls in my apartment. And it's not even that hot out - 80-90 degrees. Certainly not as bad as it's going to get. But, my condominium complex, in its infinite wisdom, has a system whereby the WHOLE DARN SET OF CONDOS, and we're talking like 50 buildings, probably at least 500 different units, must make the transition from heating to cooling at one time. Both cannot co-exist in the same place at the same time, kind of like Limp Bizkit and talent. So, we're stuck with no AC for likely another two weeks. Apparently it takes a full day to make the switch, and since history seems to indicate that we might get another cold snap before it gets warm again, they don't want to have to switch and switch back. Well, screw that! I can always put on more clothes if it's cold. But I can only take off so much. I mean, when you get right down to it, if your balls are hot, what options do you have?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?