<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Not really news 

Movie number #18 is up. Scroll down if you're interested. Baby steps, my friends...

So, I took a trip down to Raleigh, NC this weekend for a friend's wedding. One thing that struck me is the difference in restaurants in the rest stops as you go south. Leaving Maryland (which is NOT the South), into Northern Virginia, you already start to notice a change. MD has the standards - Burger King, Taco Bell, Cinnabon, Pizza Hut, Roy Rogers. None good, but pretty generic. Subway's and Arby's are pretty much everywhere. (If you want Dunkin' Donuts, you have to go north.) As you get into VA, the Cracker Barrels start coming. They're quite prolific. Not a terrible place, but a bit strange, if you ask me. Around Richmond you start to see a few Friendly's, which aren't bad. Progress down more and you see many Denny's, which are rather repulsive. There's also Bojangles, which I'm not familiar with. On the plus side, you do see more Dairy Queens, which may be the one thing that is better about the south than the north. But that's it. And then there are the really local places, like "Simmons Down Home Cookin'", which you couldn't drag me into, at least not while I was conscious. But, the least appetizing restaurant name I encountered was "Slip In". Slip into what? Slip into line because of all the vomit on the floor? Slip their food into your body?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?