<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Cheapness 

I find fewer things satisfying than finding a good deal on some piece of merchandise. Getting a promotion at work, helping a friend in need, saving the life of a child...sure, they're up there, but getting a good price on an cool electronic device? Really, there are plenty of children all around. But when am I going to get a complete set of knives for $40?

For those of you callous enough to share my feelings (and even those of you with a little perspective, but also enjoy a good deal), I'd like to point you to a couple website I've found that have been immensely helpful in contributing to my deal-finding-related fulfillment.

First, is Slick Deals. Sounds pretty crappy, doesn't it? Well, go to it, and then shut your purty mouth! Don't you ever insult Slick Deals again, here me? It's a pretty ridiculous site. They (the users of this site, I guess) post a few deals a day, but as long as I've been looking, they've had great prices, and the links are always valid. As long as you're not averse to mail-in rebates (translation: as long as you're not lazy), you can find some amazing stuff. Oh, sure, they might not post stuff you NEED, but "need" is really a loosely defined term. For instance, could you live with yourself if you went through life knowing that you passed up an EPSON All-in-One Printer for $35 after rebate? I thought not. I sure couldn't: My new printer is sitting on my desk as I type this. Just go check it out. You have to visit it fairly often, because sometimes the deals expire rather quickly. You can thank my by naming one of your children after me. Maybe you will even have obtained said child at a discounted price from this very website!

Second is All of MP3. This site isn't quite as cool as Slick Deals, but it's pretty snazzy. It seems to be run out of Russia, and it sells legit MP3s for 1 cent per MB. You don't have to waste your time downloading crappy versions off of Kazaa. Just ante up 10 bucks and you can download a gig of music. You can choose the format and everything. Now, they don't have every song that exists, but their library is quite extensive. You can also download their special browser, which is far better than the web interface, and select songs directly from it. It's quick, cheap, and simple.

While you're taking shopping advice from me, I suggest that before you buy anything, you search online for coupons. Shopping at "The Lobster Depot" ? Search on Google for "Lobster Depot coupons". Maybe you'll find something that saves you money. Or, spend that time curing cancer. Who am I to judge?


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?