<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I'm a bad person 

I've been slacking in my blogging and I feel guilty for it. Not guilty enough to put up a real post, though. Let's see, what's floating around in my head?

- I already miss baseball. Although I am looking into getting Expos/Senators/Nationals/Grays season tickets, which would be cool. I would still resist the temptation to abandon the Orioles, although it's becoming more and more difficult.

- I don't really do a lot of stock trading, but I had read that the stock market is usually at a low point at the end of October. Plus, it seemed that the election was likely going to have a decisive winner, which the market was waiting for. So, it seemed like a good time to invest. I decided to purchase some Yahoo stock, but misread my Ameritrade account balance, so I ended up owing them money. I immediately sold the stock back, only losing one cent per share...and the commission on both trades. Stupid.

- The Daily Show is amazing. I don't know how they do it every single day. Watch it in awe.

- Lost is pretty good too. It's the only show I'm really into now, and it'll probably stay that way until 24 comes back. But 24 has something to prove - do they still "have it" ? I'm not so sure.

- I recently got promoted at work. I'm now a "Lead Software Engineer". (I was a "Senior Software Engineer" before). Doesn't mean a whole lot - one more day of vacation a year, but in general it's nice to know that they like me.

- Sam and I bought a GameCube, and are really enjoying it. I'm a big fan of buying older gaming systems, especially because the games are cheaper then. I don't need the latest stuff. And, I'm a sucker for games that are related to the games of my youth, like Mario and Metroid and Mega Man, and anything starting with "M". (Like Marble Madness!)

That's all that's rattling around in my head now. Well, that's all that's rattling around in my head that I have the inclination to write about it. I'll try to be more scintillating in the near future.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?