<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Person of the Year 

Time selected Bush as "Person of the Year". I find this amusing because it really reminds me of the beer ad I mentioned a couple of posts ago. You know, the one where Bud Light has been voted the beer with the most taste, not necessarily the best taste. To me, Bush is about as palatable as a glass of vinegar. Maybe he's an acquired taste.

And as long as I'm talking about his personality (not his politics), I really wanted to see him lose just because I was looking forward to his concession speech. I honestly could not picture it in my mind. I half figured that he wouldn't even know he had lost, because I didn't know if he had any subordinates who would be willing to tell him, and it's not like he watches the news. I wonder if he would have just shown up for the inauguration, and then saw Kerry there, and the Rehnquist (if he was alive at the time) would have had to inform him that the celebration wasn't for him.

Now, I guess I'm going to have to wait until history views him as positively as Nixon for him to get his come-uppance. Oh well, I'm patient fellow.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?