<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

This Tastes Like Evil 

I rarely watch commercials, thanks to The-Device-That-Is-Too-Powerful-To-Be-Named, but for sporting events, it's somewhat inevitable. This means that I usually end up seeing the same commercials over and over again. The one that puzzles me the most is the Coors ad in which they claim to be the "coldest-tasting beer". Now, I'm not a beer drinker at all - I find it nasty, frankly. But I'm still confused - cold is not an adjective normally associated with taste. I've drank sodas that were cold, but they didn't TASTE cold - they FELT cold. In fact, the only taste that I even associate with cold is that of freezer-burned food. So can someone explain this to me?

By the way, the post title refers to one of the funnier lines on Friends, in which Chandler exclaims that something (I forget what), that some food he has just eaten "tastes like evil". Now, that makes sense to me. Well, at least it makes more sense than "cold-tasting". And while we're talking about stupid beer ads, I'm also particularly amused by the ads in which Budweiser has been voted as the beer with the most taste. Not necessarily the best taste, as the disclaimer on the bottom of the screen makes clear, but the MOST taste. You know what would have even MORE taste? A glass of vinegar.
Comments:
I must say I found this quite amusing...not the BEST taste, but the MOST taste...hehehehe

And I agree that this commercial is pretty stupid. And I also agree that it is indeed annoying to watch sports because said device is less satisfying to use when you're know you're not watching sports live.

-Dave Shear
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?