<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Minor Observations 

- I've started running on a treadmill, even though I hate running more than I hate poking myself in the left eye with a turkey baster. I usually run for about 20 minutes, and when I'm done, I seem to experience a similar effect to "Escalation Velocitation" that I mentioned in a previous post. Except instead of thinking that I should be moving forward, I think that I am moving forward. It's very strange and disorienting, especially when I'm dead tired and covered in sweat. One of these days I'm just going to topple forward, unable to keep my balance. At least the other gym patrons will be entertained. I can't be the only one who experiences this.

- Eating things out of tubes is not optimal, but sometimes you have no choice. Nabisco (I think) has this new Extreme Pudding (or some such nonsensical name - maybe it's "Totally Radical Pudding" or something), which in itself is quite a silly concept. At any rate, there's a box that has two different flavors: Oreo, and Chips Ahoy. You can buy the Oreo-flavored pudding in cups, and it's decent. But the Chips Ahoy pudding is fantastic, yet not offered in cups. What to do? Well, I end up buying a box of eight tubes of pudding, of which four are Chips Ahoy. I thoroughly enjoy those four, except that I have to suck their contents out of a tube, like some sort of plastic-tube-pudding sucker. Don't suggest that I should empty the pudding into a cup - THAT would be ridiculous.

- It may sound like a stupid game, but Super Monkey Ball is kind of like crack, both for its addictive qualities, as well as how it damages your central nervous system, or at least, so I hear. The concept is simple: You are a monkey in a big ball, that you have to control by rolling around on a platform. If you fall off the platform into oblivion, you die. If you run out of time (30 or 60 seconds), you die. If you make it into the goal, you move to the next board. Sound simplistic? Well, it is, but it's also quite compelling. I've beaten the beginner level (10 boards), and the advanced level (30 boards), but the I'm only at 15 out of 50 on the expert level. Don't worry, I shall persevere. I'm still not quite sure why it's monkeys in the balls, instead of some other animal, but maybe all will be revealed when I win the game. Probably not.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?